Saturday, July 22, 2006

....baby planet nuclei...

In my recent jaunt east-ward i spent a fair chunk of time chatting with my uncle re matters of music, composition and all such things.

He also gave me a copy of his latest release, or rather the latest release of his band 'Audible 3' (www.audible3.net)

Half of the album is a recording of their concert in christchurch late 2004.
the other half is studio rehearsal's for said gig.

I was at this gig and got to experience his band in the best way possible. live.

While I do not dethrone studio albums of their brilliance or listenability; there is a certain romance to watching musicians clammer about, swinging to and fro between genius and madness, for there is where lieth art.

for my part I love the truth that everything could collapse/self destruct/explode at any minute, and it is but the sure steady hands of the confident musician who tames the wild beast.

...i digress

but i am listening to this cd now.

in the concert I remember getting bored with simply sitting and listening, instead preferring to watch...

product does not exist without due process, and process is what art should be all about I guess, after all are we not all on a journey.??

-----

I wrote something new this morning, or perhaps I played something out of my head that may or may not be something I have heard previously...

it was sparse and myst-like.

i need to setup some kind of recording ability, as the peices are at opposite ends of the house...

grrr...

-----

still loving 'hero' by divinefire, track 2 is my ringtone at the moment...hehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home