Saturday, April 22, 2006

...My Arms, Your Hearse...

Having a second listen today...

I read a review saying Opeth were more brutal/deathy in their pre BWP albums.
So far I would probably agree, more listens to get consistency and coherence though.

- - - - - - - - - -

Had an interesting chat with Heidi last week. She is one of the CCTV volunteers, and works at Koorong in the music department. Very interesting contact...

I through out 'death metal' just to gague reaction, and all of a sudden she starts talking about Steve Rowe and 'Mortification'... interesting story, at least the fragments she discussed, will have to find a proper bio somewhere... turns out some of their later stuff is more power metal and thrashy, compared to their earlier more death metal material. Might have a listen at some stage I guess.

Still I have my new CD, 'Hero' by Divinefire.
Divinefire are a new project from Christian Rivel (his real last name is apparently longer and trickier to say). He is the voice behind Narnia, and has a record label in Sweden? called Rivel Records that releases a whole pile of artists.
I haven't bought any narnia due to the samples I have encountered sounding quite cheesy... My journey into power metal brought narnia back into focus, and other band called 'Harmony' whose debut album I own, and like, although its not strong enough consistently for me, not a bad debut though; and I hear their second album will be faster and heavier.

back to the DF album. I like it, I like it a lot.
haven't heard the whole thing through, got halfway before I had to go off and do something, it is quite rare for me to get through an album in one sitting.
I did listen to Harmony's album in one go, but to be fair I was a tad let down by that album, expecting it to sound more like what DF's album sounds like.

The second listen to Tourniquet was a tad frustrating, they have some good stuff but i don't think i like the album as a whole, seems too punky, or too something. perhaps if they got another bandmate it would be better, am a tad suspicious of the singer handling instrument duties, though the likes of mr mustaine will always prove me chicken-. maybe it will grow on me.

still haven't had that first listen of zao, think i'm just uninterested.
this magazine that I got with the DF cd has a ad for a new album and suggests that some other band has succeded where zao failed with 'funeral of God'
guess I should have a listen, especially now that I am giving 'my arms, your hearse' a second chance.

- - - - - - - - - -

soon suspended animation will be mine, well, one day... hehe

- - - - - - - - - -

\m/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home